We know that the coronavirus (COVID-19) is on everyone's mind. On this page, you'll find resources to help employers, employees, and individuals. We will continue to update these documents to make sure they are as up to date as possible. As always, at Alera Group, we believe we're stronger together—so don't hesitate to reach out with questions or concerns.
- March 19, 2020: Congress Passes Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- March 18, 2020: Legal Alert: Offering Telehealth to Employees Not Eligible for Group Health Plans
- March 18, 2020: COVID-19 Update Employee Terminations, Furloughs & Layoffs: COBRA, Reinstatement, & Closed Business
- March 17, 2020: Information for Employers and Group Health Plan Sponsors on COVID-19
Thursday, March 19 @ 12:00 CT
Join Danielle Capilla, Director of Compliance, EB, at Alera Group as she moderates a panel discussion with attorneys from Marathas Barrow Weatherhead Lent on legal issues surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic. Employee benefits and employment law attorneys will cover numerous issues including HSA eligibility for waived COVID-19 testing, telemedicine, best practices during layoffs, how to handle collecting participant contributions if their paycheck falls short, FMLA and paid leave, and general employment law principals that apply to this situation.
COVID-19: What Employers Need to Know
Wednesday, March 25
Join Alera Group’s Compliance Director Danielle Capilla for a webinar on COVID-19, answering key questions employers are dealing with in this tumultuous time. This webinar will include a live Q&A and an overview of resources available through Alera Group. Available at the following times:
HCM-COVID-19 Trends Update
Wednesday, March 25 @ 11:00 CT
In today’s turbulent times, the world of HCM Trends is changing from moment to moment. Bobbi Kloss’s annual Trends webinar has been updated to provide current information on understanding and developing a culture to best respond to the pandemic Coronavirus (COVID-19) challenges.
- March 19, 2020: Updated State by State Department of Insurance Response to COVID-19
- March 18, 2020: OSHA Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19
- March 18, 2020: COVID-19 Government Resources
- Coronavirus Checklist for Employers
- Coronavirus: Employer Preparation, Compliance and Insurance
- How to Stay in Compliance When Employees Work Remotely
- March 12, 2020: For Employers: Coronavirus & HSA Eligibility
- March 3, 2020: Corporate Clients: Coronavirus: Guidance for Employers
- The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Guidance
- CDC Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers
- CDC Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection Recommendations
The World Health Organization (WHO)
The National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL)
NCSL has developed a page recording state-by-state action on COVID-19.
- OSHA Information for Workers and Employers about Coronavirus
- OSHA Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19
Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
SHRM has created a dashboard for employers where common questions, news and more are being shared. Access it by clicking below.
Get Email Updates
Get the latest updates sent directly to your inbox, sign up now!
The information provided on this website is intended for informational purposes only. Alera Group does not offer legal or medical guidance. Those with legal or medical questions should seek appropriate assistance from a licensed professional.