Gym discounts, FitBit giveaways, ping pong tables and free snacks are the current face of wellbeing. Though these concepts can be fun and simple to implement, there is a lack of evidence that they improve employee health over time and whether or not they are worth the investment.
Companies are looking to other strategies to deliver on the promises that wellness programs have been making for years: creating healthy, engaged employees that love their workplace culture.
A Whole Person Approach to Wellness
To satisfy the promises of wellbeing, Alera Group focuses on more than just doing burpees and eating broccoli, instead taking a holistic approach to create wellbeing. We believe that wellbeing is about boosting human performance and happiness by rehumanizing the workplace. We align with the model of wellbeing created by Gallup to create six essential elements of wellbeing:
- Career: liking what you do each day and being motivated to achieve your goals
- Financial: managing your economic life to reduce stress and increase security
- Emotional: being equipped to cope with life’s stresses, work productivity and realizing our full potential
- Social: having supportive relationships and love in your life
- Physical: having good health and enough energy to get things done daily
- Community: liking where you live, feeling safe and having pride in your community
Ready to rehumanize the workplace?
Alera Group will help you create healthy, engaged employees by implementing the six essential elements of wellbeing into your work environment.