Happy December! If you are looking for 2021 guidance, this week’s Employer Focused Wellbeing section is chock full of great content for the week ahead. Upcoming events cover mental health, family support, substance abuse and financial planning. There’s even a special meditation and self-care session for our HR and People Team leaders!
Please find below this week’s curated list of wellbeing resources. Feel free to share these resources, as appropriate, with your team. Have a safe and healthy week!
- Time Confetti and the Broken Promise of Leisure – Leisure has never been less relaxing, mostly because of the disintermediating effects of our screens. Technology saves us time, but it also takes it away. This is known as the autonomy paradox. We adopt mobile technologies to gain autonomy over when and how long we work, yet, ironically, we end up working all the time. Ashely Williams, Harvard Professor and author of Time Smart, discusses how to overcome time traps.
Social & Family Wellbeing
- How to Divide Chores with Your Partner – Minus the Drama – As life gets more complicated, the logistics burden for a couple tends to increase. How you manage and divide up this logistics burden can be an ongoing source of conflict. Here is a process you can follow to get to a deliberate division of labor that fits your needs.
- Money Talks with Loved Ones – Whether you’re navigating finances with a new spouse or sharing your retirement goals with your partner, Principal Financial will shed light on how to have productive money conversations with loved ones and reach your financial goals together. Wednesday, December 9th at 12PM ET.
- The Menopause Reset Method Master Class – RD and Integrative Nutritionist, Esther Blum, will be pulling back the curtain and teaching you her tried and true tricks for managing weight, sleeping deeply and tripling your energy while also working through menopause. Free but slots are limited.
- Gluten-Free: Fad or Health Threat? “Gluten-Free” has become a major buzz word. How did gluten come to receive so much attention? Are people with celiac the only ones who should be on a gluten-free diet? How do you know if gluten is making you sick? In this podcast, Dr. Mark Hyman and dietician Maggie Ward discuss why gluten sensitivity exists on a spectrum and how to determine if it is a threat to your health.
- 4 Spiritual Lessons We Learn from Dogs – Dogs aren’t only our best friends, but they can also be powerful teachers. Dogs of every shape, size, and age can be a source of inspiration and support along our journey. Here are four valuable lessons dogs teach us that lead to more vibrant, meaningful, spiritual lives.
- Yoga for Tension Relief – Join Yoga with Adriene for a 28-minute at-home yoga practice designed to help you feel good and bring you back into a balanced state.
- Pandemic of Love – This is a grassroots, volunteer-led mutual aid organization that now has over 650 full-time volunteers around the globe. The purpose of this organization is to provide help to those that need it in terms of getting essentials during this challenging time. Check out their local communities section to give or receive help.
Employer Focused Wellbeing
- Planning for the Unexpected: Family Benefit Trends in 2021 – Join the CEO and Chief Medical Officer of Cleo as they discuss the most important culture-defining trends employers should be considering as they build an inclusive, family-friendly strategy in 2021 and beyond. Thursday, December 10th at 2 PM ET.
- Guided Breathing, Meditation, and Self-Care Tips for HR Professionals – Here is a treat for our HR and People Teams! This 30-minute exercise will help you exhale the stress of 2020, guide you to a moment of stillness and give you DIY tools to get through the coming months. Join Namaste Wellness on Wednesday, December 9th at 12:30 PM ET for this free session.
- How COVID-19 is Impacting Alcohol and Substance Abuse – Join Lyra Health to learn how the pandemic is affecting alcohol and substance use and how employers can both support employees who are struggling now and help prevent problematic use from starting in the future. Wednesday, December 9th at 1 PM ET.
- Financial Preparation for 2021 – Join Pete the Planner®, CEO of Your Money Line, for the necessary how-to-guide for 2021. 2020 surprised everyone yet heading into 2021 there is still so much anxiety-inducing uncertainty. Pete will discuss critical notes to help your employees navigate the New Year with financial confidence. Tuesday, December 8th at 1 PM ET.
- Prioritizing Employee Mental Health and Well-Being in 2021 – Join Spring Health to discuss how mental health concerns affect your organization’s effectiveness, best practices for designing a comprehensive mental health strategy, and timely changes and tweaks to consider for your employee benefits package. Tuesday, December 9th at 2 PM ET.