In a webinar I recently listened to, the presenter talked about how one of the most important things an employer can do right now is to build trust. Trust is imperative, they stated, because as employees return to the workplace, they will need to trust that their employer has done all that they can to keep them safe.
I was reminded of that takeaway today when reading this quote from Brene Brown: “Trust is earned in the smallest of moments. It is earned not through heroic deeds, or even highly visible actions, but through paying attention, listening, and gestures of genuine care and connection.”
I think this speaks to the importance of the amazing work so many of you have been doing these past two months to care for your teams and to support their Wellbeing. That work is more important than ever right now.
Have a safe and healthy week.
- Learn More About You and Your Workstyle in 6 Minutes – The Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment is a free 6-minute assessment that helps you learn more about how you think and how you work.
Social & Family Wellbeing
- Concert with Washington’s Best-Known Performers - Amazon presents All in WA: A Concert for COVID Relief benefiting workers and families impacted by COVID-19 across Washington state. Featuring performances from WA state’s best-known performers including Pearl Jam, Macklemore, Brandi Carlile, Ciara, Dave Matthews, and Allen Stone. You can get more info on the live stream here.
- 14 Summer Camp Alternatives During COVID-19 – Wondering how you are going to keep your kids busy this summer if they aren’t in summer camp? Here are a few ideas to get you started.
- How to Save Money on Groceries – The cost of certain food items skyrocketed during the pandemic. As people try to start settling back into more ‘normal’, healthy routines, how can they eat well without breaking the bank?
- Pilates Mat Class – Join Namaste NY for this quick, 30-minute workout. Pilates is a dynamic, total body workout that encourages mind-body connection and helps combat the effects of sedentary work life. Wednesday, June 10th 7:30-8 AM. RSVP HERE. FREE
- How Can I Prevent Myself From Getting Sick? – Join Triple -Board Certified Health Expert, JJ Virgin, for a quick (8 min) conversation on how to optimize your immune system.
- Racial Trauma Support – Join Modern Health for community sessions led by Black mental health providers to help people of color navigate the traumas of structural racism. Thursday, 6/11 at 8 PM ET. RSVP HERE.
- Gratitude as a Practice for Moving From Me to We – Join Scott Shute, Head of Mindfulness and Compassion at LinkedIn, to learn how gratitude helps reset the brain and stay balanced during uncertainty. Scot will also discuss how to integrate these concepts into our daily lives. WEBINAR. Wednesday, June 10th at 12:30 PM ET. RSVP HERE.
- Guided Meditation – Join Namaste NY for this 30-minute Guided Meditation. This experience is designed to maximize the mind and the body’s own ability to manage stress. RSVP HERE. FREE
- Supporting Racial Justice – This is a time of sadness, pain and anger for many. If you want to take action and are looking for a place to start, here are a few ideas.
EMPLOYER FOCUSED RESOURCES
- Humanizing the Workplace – Join WELCOA and Aaron Hurst, Co-founder & CEO of Imperative, to discuss strategies to humanize your workplace. WEBINAR – Tuesday, June 9th at 3 PM ET. RSVP HERE.
For more resources and updates, check out our Coronavirus Resource Center at aleragroup.com/coronavirus/.
About the Author
Andrea Davis, Director of Wellbeing
Andrea joined Alera Group Northeast (formerly CBP) in July 2013, bringing over 15 years of experience in management consulting and strategic solutions. As the Director of Wellbeing, she is responsible for assisting with the development, implementation and evaluation of comprehensive wellness strategies for existing and prospective Alera Group clients. She provides assistance and support to Alera Group clients by developing personalized programs that fit clients’ unique health management needs, wellness program implementation, committee development, promotion and marketing of their programs to encourage participation. In addition, Andrea conducts program analysis and generates reports related to program participation, health assessment and client utilization.
The information contained herein should be understood to be general insurance brokerage information only and does not constitute advice for any particular situation or fact pattern and cannot be relied upon as such. Statements concerning financial, regulatory or legal matters are based on general observations as an insurance broker and may not be relied upon as financial, regulatory or legal advice. This document is owned by Alera Group, Inc., and its contents may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the written permission of Alera Group, Inc.