When it comes to wellbeing, employers often find themselves challenged by how to approach a shift from a traditional wellness model to a comprehensive and holistic program that supports the whole person. Below you’ll find this week’s curated list of wellbeing resources. Feel free to share these resources, as appropriate, with your team.
- Making Work More Effortless – Do you ever feel like you're on the edge of burnout? You're working harder but not moving closer to your goals? As high achievers, we've been conditioned to believe that the path to success is paved with relentless work. On this episode of the Accidental Creative podcast, Greg McKeown is here to help us sort through how to make our work more effortless. His new book is called Effortless.
Social & Family Wellbeing
- School is Out for Summer: How Parents Can Support Their Kids’ Mental Health – Two renowned mental health experts discuss the fallout of Covid-19 and how we can best set our children up for success for the next school year.
- Stressed About Socializing Again? Here’s Advice from a Psychologist on How to Deal – While it’s been incredible to reconnect with people and routines, many are feeling stress and anxiety as they face re-entry. A psychologist shares some tools from her psychological first-aid kit.
- College Funding Choices – How can you help cover your child’s future college costs? Saving early (and often) may be key for most families. Here are some college savings vehicles to consider.
- How to Make the Most of Your First Doctor’s Appointment in a While – If you’re one of the many people that had to put your doctor’s appointment on hold for the past year, you and your doctor have much to catch up on regarding your health status in your next visit. Here are 8 tips to help you get the most out of your upcoming in-person doctor’s appointment.
- Healthy S’mores Bars Recipe – If you love your summer s’mores but you don’t want all of the sugar and artificial ingredients, look no further! This recipe is dairy-free, gluten-free and full of protein and healthy fats.
- 9 Tips for Meditating When You’re an Overthinker – If you’re an overthinker, you may have come to believe meditation isn’t for you. But according to experts, successful meditation is possible, even for people with busy minds.
- How to Talk to Your Boss About Your Mental Health – Mental health challenges are something many of us will experience at one time or another. Still, many of us hesitate to bring mental health up at work or feel unsure about navigating the “how to talk to your boss about your mental health” conversation. Here are some ways to address your mental health struggles at work without risking your dignity — or your job.
- 55 Brands That Are Giving Back for Pride Month 2021 – While it’s customary for Pride-themed merchandise to spike during the month of June—a practice known as rainbow capitalism, and that’s often criticized and compared to pinkwashing—there’s still tremendous value that can come from rocking rainbows during this time of year, as it helps increase visibility and may lend support and encouragement to others within the LGBTQ community. Popular brands like Apple, Fossil, Reebok and others often dedicate huge resources during Pride Month to LGBTQ nonprofit organizations, which means you could be helping others gain access to valuable resources, too. Here are 55 places (including small and large businesses) to consider shopping for Pride 2021.
Employer Focused Wellbeing
- The Return to Workplace Summit – Join Reset Work as top researchers and organizational leaders discuss the best practices for the critical months ahead. This information-packed summit is designed to address any unanswered questions you might have about how to best organize work using flexible and hybrid approaches, how to prepare managers and yourself, how to ensure fairness and equity, how to think about physical space, and how to use this time not just to transition to new ways of working, but to transform how we work. The Summit will be hosted on Tuesday, June 22nd from 11 AM to 2 PM ET.
- Healthcare Heroes: The Future of Healthcare for Employees, Employers and Communities – Covid-19 has made a lasting mark on our hospitals and health systems, forcing accelerated change to ensure the best health outcomes for employers, employees and communities, thus making them true heroes. Navigate Wellbeing has assembled three of their own healthcare heroes for an interactive session as they offer insights on what they are doing for their employees' wellbeing, how they're aligning benefits to meet those needs and why expanding their reach into the communities they serve is vitally important. Join the event on June 24th at 2 PM ET.
- Workplace Mental Health Resources for LGBTQIA+ Professionals – Mind Share Partners has compiled the following list of resources in response to timely events that are changing the landscape of workplace mental health globally. Here you will find organizations for LGBTQIA+ Mental Health and Resources for Business Leaders on Supporting LGBTQIA+ Mental Health.
- 5 Ways to Manage This Year’s ‘Great Resignation’ and Keep Your Staff Happy – Leaders and organizations that lean into the discomfort of change and set down outdated norms and assumptions about work are going to not only attract and retain top talent but thrive. Here are five ways employers can start creating a more human-centric workplace.