Our Alera Wellbeing Team is extremely grateful to be hosting a panel discussion this week on Reducing Mental Health Stigma in the Workplace with a Focus on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. Our panelists are Kelly Greenwood (CEO of Mind Share Partners), Kerry Graves (Executive Director of NAMI Metro Baltimore) and Charita Cole Brown (author of Defying the Verdict & Mental Health Advocate). Please join us on Tuesday, August 25th at 2:00 PM ET! Have a safe and healthy week!
- Remote Work Really Does Mean Longer Days – and More Meetings – If you are feeling like working from home has brought longer days, more meetings, and more emails to answer, you are right. And now there is data to prove it.
Social & Family Wellbeing
- 10 Ways to Have a Better Conversation – In this 10-minute TED talk, Celeste Headlee draws upon decades of interview experience as a radio host to deliver 10 powerful rules for having better conversations. Notably, she implores listeners to recall all the past advice they’ve been given – like “smile and nod to show you’re paying attention” – and throw it out the window. Instead, she offers the rules that all great interviewers live by. Even if you only master one of them, she says, you’ll be on your way to becoming a better communicator.
- Tips for Managing Back-to-School Anxiety – After many months away from the classroom, kids may feel especially anxious about starting the new school year. Some kids will be undertaking a new round of distance learning and others may face re-entering a classroom that looks very different. This article details some symptoms to look out for and tips to help manage anxiety.
- Managing Your Finances in the Age of COVID-19 – Making sense of your personal finances can be a daunting task, especially in this time of uncertainty. This webinar will discuss how to evaluate your current financial situation, a framework for developing your financial goals, and factors to consider when investing. Wednesday, August 26th at 12pm ET. RSVP HERE.
- Top 5 Healthy Breakfast Ideas: How to Think Outside the Cereal Box – Here are five quick and easy breakfast options to replace empty carbs and sugar with great nutrition.
- HIIT Cardio Workouts – This guide contains 112 of Jill Coleman’s favorite HIIT workouts (for both the gym and the track) all of which are 40 minutes or less.
- The Antidote to Burnout – Leah Weiss, who teaches Compassionate Leadership at Stanford Graduate School of Business some myths and revelations about burnout.
- Resilience Tools for Stressful Times: A Meditation: Try this 5-minute meditation with Sebene Selassie to cultivate resilience.
- Generous Americans Are Actually Giving More To Charities Through the Pandemic – The frequency of charitable giving by individuals in the US is continuing – and even increasing – during the economic uncertainty of the pandemic.
Employer Focused Wellbeing
- Reducing Mental Health Stigma in the Workplace with a Focus on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion – Our Alera Wellbeing team is hosting a webinar and panel discussion to address what mental health stigma is, how to create a workplace culture that is stigma-free, and examples of employer-led initiatives that are helping to address stigma. We will also be exploring the strong connection between Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and mental health and why it’s so important for employers to bridge the gap between the two. Our panelists are Kelly Greenwood (CEO of Mind Share Partners), Kerry Graves (Executive Director of NAMI Metro Baltimore) and Charita Cole Brown (author of Defying the Verdict & Mental Health Advocate). Tuesday, August 25th at 2:00 PM ET. RSVP HERE.
About the Author
Andrea Davis, Director of Wellbeing
Andrea joined Alera Group Northeast (formerly CBP) in July 2013, bringing over 15 years of experience in management consulting and strategic solutions. As the Director of Wellbeing, she is responsible for assisting with the development, implementation and evaluation of comprehensive wellness strategies for existing and prospective Alera Group clients. She provides assistance and support to Alera Group clients by developing personalized programs that fit clients’ unique health management needs, wellness program implementation, committee development, promotion and marketing of their programs to encourage participation. In addition, Andrea conducts program analysis and generates reports related to program participation, health assessment and client utilization.