When it comes to wellbeing, employers often find themselves challenged by how to approach a shift from a traditional wellness model to a comprehensive and holistic program that supports the whole person. Below you'll find this week’s curated list of wellbeing resources. Feel free to share these resources, as appropriate, with your team. Have a safe and healthy week!
- 7 Zoom Mistakes You Might Still Be Making and How to Raise Your Video Skills – The Director of Speaker Coaching at TED shares some common mistakes that people – even experienced communicators – are still making along with her favorite tips and tricks to fix them.
Social & Family Wellbeing
- The Pandemic Has Erased Entire Categories of Friendship – There’s a reason you miss the people you didn’t even know that well. While friendships of weak or moderate strength are generally downplayed, they are critical in making us feel like part of a community and something bigger than ourselves. This is an interesting article that discusses the importance of these relationships and also offers some optimism in terms of what we can expect when the isolation of COVID-19 ends.
- 27 Good Financial Habits You Need for Ultimate Financial Success –Everybody wants to be financially stable, but unless you have a plan to get you there, it’s unlikely to happen. Here are 27 habits that will enable you to set (and reach) your financial goals.
- How Many Carbs Can You Eat in a Day? – In this brief video, Integrative Dietician, Esther Blum, talks you through the steps to figure out your own unique carb tolerance (the number of carbs you can eat each day and still drop fat).
- Holding Focus During Stay-At-Home – Our screen time is higher than ever, and it’s time to start setting boundaries to protect our well-being.
- How to Stop Remote Work Burnout – Working remotely may seem like a dream come true for introverts. But the reality has been exhausting – not only for introverts but for everyone. Morra Aarons-Mele from The Anxious Achiever podcast speaks to TED Business about how she protects her energy and sets boundaries while working remotely. She has some great tips. Join at the 3-minute 30-second mark to jump right into her tips.
- How You Can Help Texans Following the Historic Winter Storm and Power Outages – Historic snowfall and record freezing temperatures in Texas left millions without water and power for days in Texas last week. While much of the state now has power, residents are not out of the woods yet. Disruptions in food supply chains, unsafe water, and financial losses from the storm are plaguing many. Here’s how you can help.
Employer Focused Wellbeing
- Breakthrough 2021: The Lyra Mental Health Conference – On March 16th, leading employers will share their mental health success stories, with tried-and-true tips for investing in your employees, their families, and your business. You will also hear expert-level insights and walk away with direct action steps you can apply to your own programs.
- Why Women are Leaving the Workforce: From Mental Health to Social Determinants of Health – 1 in 4 working moms is considering leaving the workforce – and it's not just from the stress of juggling work and childcare. HR leaders who want an effective strategy to support their working parents need to dig deeper to get to the root of what’s really happening. Ovia Health teamed up with Christine Michel Carter, the #1 global voice for working moms, to find out what working moms are really experiencing, and the most important steps employers can take now to retain their working parents. Watch the webinar replay.
- Proposed Rules Related to Wellness Programs – While the EEOC has just withdrawn the proposed rules on employer wellness incentives, there are many questions as to what will happen next. Join Alera Group and Stacy Barrow, Esq. as they discuss this important topic. Thursday, February 25th at 11 AM ET.